Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 18

Scott is improving daily.  What a fighter he is!  While he is still very weak, his pain is being managed by the wonderful ICU staff.  We are preparing for surgery tomorrow and have hopes that it could be the final surgery for his leg, which would be wonderful!

His first words to me when he got his tube out were, "I want a coke!"  And just now he told me again that he is really craving a coke when the nurse was in here.  I asked her to arrange a coke drip for him.  She laughed so loud!  I am also one who loves Coca-Cola Classic, and I can appreciate Scott's craving for that particular sweet beverage.  I promised him I would bring him one when he is allowed to drink it.  Goodnight all!

2 comments:

  1. Great update!! Praying for a successful surgery today and continue to keep your whole family in our prayers. Love ya'll!

    Jen, John, & Luke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope he gets that Coke soon!!

    Heather B.

    ReplyDelete